Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Recent Angel Encounter

Let me get it right out there. I believe in Angels. Period. End of discussion. They are as real as you and I. I am a WRITER, but I am so much more. You are as well. Many of us know that. Many of us do not. Anyway, here is the first of my angel encounter series. Please understand that it is not the first of my encounters. It is, however, the beginning of my writings about those experiences.

I keep a calendar. It's one of those pocket-sized planners that slip easily into ones purse or pocket. It's essentially, my memory. I write everything in it. Otherwise, I would not know which end might be up. It helps keep me centered and on track. Well, I lost it. Had I moved items from it to my large "hanging in the kitchen by the phone" calendar? Surely you jest. That would be a resounding "no." After several days of searching, panic began to set in. There was no proverbial stone that had not gone unturned. My planner was gone. I was about to give up, when a fleeting reminder to ask for help stopped me in my tracks. I closed my eyes, took a few deep, cleansing breaths and asked my angels for help in finding it. From there, my feet took me to a box that I had looked in at least a half dozen times. I pulled it out, and there was my calendar.
Of course, I thanked them (once again!).
Now, a calendar/planner might seem like a silly thing to ask angels for. It might seem like a silly thing to stress over. Maybe. But not to me. The angels are there for the big things, but they are also there for the not so big. In other words, they are there.

No comments: